Search Beeka's Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Loaded Burgers

We can't have buns on this diet, so it's tough to want to put a lot of fixings on top of a burger when you know you're going to end up eating it with a fork, it just gets to be a hassle. So I decided to start putting my fixings IN my burgers.

I use a pound of ground turkey and it is just right to feed all 4 of us, but depending on your family, you may need more or less...
About a teaspoon and a half of Worcestershire sauce
Seasonings to taste
Diced jalapeno (About a half of a pepper)
Minced garlic (About a tablespoon)
If you like sautee'd onions, go ahead and cook some up and then dice them to add to your ground turkey. I don't, so, I don't.

Mix it all together, form your burgers and cook em up! I've also though about adding mustard to the meat before cooking it, but I'm not a big mustard fan like the rest of my family, so I haven't gone there just yet. It still goes on top of their burger...it's not like it's hard to cut...

No comments:

Post a Comment