Search Beeka's Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Taco Meat

I always cook with ground turkey because it's so much healthier and it's always $2.29/lb at Costco which is WAY cheaper than decent hamburger.Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you'll be serving a large group or like to add some to an omlet or make a breakfast burrito with your scrambled eggs. The meat will go fast, trust me!Anyways, this is my standard for taco meat...

1 lb ground turkey (brown the meat before adding the canned ingredients)
Johnny's Seasoning
Black or white pepper
Cumin
A little Cayenne Pepper
1 10 oz can of Rotel (most of the liquid drained)
1 7 oz can of diced green chilis
1 diced jalapeno (or 2, depending on the peppers)

If you brown the meat most of the way with just the seasonings on it before adding the rotel, chilis and peppers, you seem to get a much better flavor out of this. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy...but that's always been my experience. Sometimes I make 2 lbs at a time just because I know we'll plow through it in a couple of days, especially on this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment